I have been looking for a muffin recipe that has chocolate chips in it as I have a friend who is a lover of chocolate chip. Not to mention that chocolate chip is also my hubby’s favourite.
While browsing through the book Muffins Galore by Catherine Atkinson that we borrowed from the public library few days ago, I am attracted to the simple recipe of vanilla chocolate chip muffin. It will be a perfect serving for my coffee and cookie session today.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 12 cups of medium muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Then, pour the milk mixture all at once into the dry ingredients. Mix briefly until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, dividing it evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until well risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Cool in the baking tray for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cold.
Overall the muffin turns out good. Hubby commented that this muffin brings out the flavour of chocolate chip better in comparison to banana chocolate chip muffin. I fully agree with him. This muffin is not as moist as banana muffin and it’s ideal for people who prefer it this way.