It has been a while since we last baked these cookies. It was our favourite when we first arrived here and we used to get the Mrs. Field Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. However, we stopped buying it ever since we found this recipe from allrecipes.com.
The contributor of this recipe mentioned that “these cookies are the pinnacles of perfection! If you want a big, fat, chewy cookie like the kind you see at bakeries and specialty shops, then these are the cookies for you”!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe is definitely for keep. It has never failed me so far. We really love the cookies as it is crunchy in the outside and chewy in the outside. A perfect snack for us while watching the 2010 Olympic Men’s Gold Medal Game (Canada vs US). Go Maple!!!