I always love to bake muffin as it is easy to bake, freeze well and taste good with my favourite cup of coffee. I normally bake a batch of muffin, eat some and store some in the freezer for the following week. For this week, I am baking the oatmeal chocolate chip muffin obtained from allrecipes.com. We really love the toppings – pecans and brown sugar! In the near future, I plan to do a hybrid of these toppings with our all time favourite Awesome Banana Muffin. Watch out for my next post
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Combine oats and milk and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease each cup of one 12-cup muffin tin.
- Stir egg, oil, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the pecans into the oat and milk mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add oat mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just moist. Fill each cup of one 12-cup muffin tin 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with the remaining brown sugar and pecans.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.