Friday, February 26, 2010

Baking Ingredient Substitution Table

 

I am pretty sure that many bakers out there often face with the same problem like me of not having certain specific ingredients as required by the recipes from time to time. It can be frustrating especially when you have all the ingredients that the recipe called for but ONE is gone missing.

Not to worry. I have faced with this situation many times and what I usually do is to substitute the missing ingredients with ingredients on hand. But how?

I would usually Google online for it but I found this method to be very inefficient. Thus, I have always wanted to compile a list of all substitution for baking ingredients. However, there is no point to reinvent the wheel when similar work has already been done.

To keep long story short, I would use this site Baking Ingredient Substitution Table as my main reference. As the author of the table mentioned, using a different ingredient may change both the taste and texture of your baking, so it is a good idea before substituting to understand the role that ingredient plays in the recipe.  Do use the table as a guideline only.

images

No comments:

Post a Comment