We have lots of ripen bananas and I was thinking of baking a different type of banana muffins instead of the standard Banana Walnut Muffin. Since hubby really loves peanut butter, I have decided to try the Peanut Butter Banana Muffins instead. The recipe is pretty simple.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the peanut butter, oil, eggs, milk and bananas.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into 12 well greased muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
As compared to the banana walnut muffin, the taste of banana is more mild in this recipe. Overall, it turns out good and we love it. The above recipe yields about 13 muffins.