I just can’t wait to try this recipe from the book Muffin Galore as darling really loves peanut butter and I love banana. Thus, this is a perfect combination from us. In the book, the author mentioned that “the combination of peanut butter and banana is a popular sandwich filling, used in this recipe to create the delicious muffins”.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the flour and oats in a large bowl, then stir in brown sugar. Add the baking powder and salt and stir to mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the peanut butter, milk maple syrup and mashed banana until well blended. Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients mixing until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, dividing it evenly. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle this mixture over the tops of muffins.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until risen and golden. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire rack.
- Serve warm or cool.
The muffins turn out right.