We bought some burger patties some time back and they are still sitting in the freezer. Hubby has always wanted to make our very own burger bun to go with it. We really enjoy DIY everything nowadays as it is healthier and tastier (may be not!). Last night, we made our own pork chop with Parsley-Garlic Chimichurri Sauce. It turns out very delicious.
I found this beautiful burger buns recipe from Beautiful Burger Bun. For the toppings, instead of using plain sesame seeds, I used a mixture of sesame seeds, poppy seeds and sunflower seeds.
- 3/4 to 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- Mix and knead all of the dough ingredients—by hand, mixer, or bread machine—to make a soft, smooth dough.
- Cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 hour, or until it's doubled in bulk.
- Gently deflate the dough, and divide it into 6 pieces. Shape each piece into a round 1" thick (more or less); flatten to about 3" across. Place the buns on a lightly greased baking sheet, cover, and let rise for about an hour, until very puffy.
- If desired, brush buns with melted butter. Or brush lightly with egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water), and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake the buns in a preheated 375°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, till golden. Cool on a rack.