We made this cookie some time back before Christmas 2009. It was during the holiday season which was a perfect time for baking. This cookie has a nice blend of peanut butter and chocolate/ butterscotch taste.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip*
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chip*
- Beat butter and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add the white sugar and brown sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- On another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- With a spatula, stir the flour mix into the peanut butter mixture. Mix well.
- Cover the dough tightly and chill for 5 hours in the fridge.
- After 5 hours, shape the dough into 1 inch ball and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate/butterscotch chip into center of each cookie. Cookie will crack around edges.
- Removed from cookie sheet to wire rack and let is cool completely.