So, now here you go the recipe:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sift flour and set aside.
- Cream butter till smooth about 1 minute.
- Add sugar to butter and beat until smooth for about 2minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and mix well.
- Gently stir in flour and blend until all well mixed.
- Flatten the dough into a disk shape and wrap in a plastic wrap.
- Chill the dough for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with rack in the middle tier.
- After an hour, place the dough on a lightly floured surface and shape it to 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut into the shape you desire and place the cookies on a the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes in order to firm up the firm up and maintain the cookie shape.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until cookies are lightly brown.
- Cool on a rack and enjoy.