It has been a while since I last bake any cake. Since walnut brownie is our favourite cake, I have decided to bake it from scratch rather than using any cake mix. After browsing through some recipe sites, I have finally come to the conclusion to try the “Absolutely Best Brownies” recipe by CountryDayz in allrecipes.com.
According to the recipe contributor "These are the easiest and most delicious brownies that I have ever eaten. They are so moist and super quick and easy to make. For best results, use a Dutch processed cocoa. For less cake-like brownies, use all-purpose flour instead of self rising."
Since I only have all purpose flour, I am using all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder instead of the self-rising flour.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, and mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the vanilla and stir in walnuts if desired. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are firm. Cool before cutting into squares.
I couldn’t believe how easy it was to bake walnut brownies from scratch. Above all, this recipe is much less fattening than any other brownies recipes out there. The brownies came our nice and fudgy. They also had a nice crisp outside and moist center. Super yummy delicious!