- 2 Tb Yeast, Active Dry
- 1/4 cup Warm Water (110 degrees)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tb Honey
- 1-1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Tb Vegetable Oil
- 1-3/4 cups Warm Water (110 degrees)
- 5-6 cups Whole Wheat Bread Flour
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water.
- Allow to proof 3-5 minutes.
- Combine next 4 ingredients and add to yeast mixture.
- Stir in flour, mix well. Knead 10 minutes.
- Let rise 1 hour and 45 minutes. Punch down. Let rise 40-60 minutes until double.
- Punch down and let rise a third time until double.
- Shape into 2 loaves and let rise until double.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 45 minutes.
Optional: If you like sesame seeds or poppy seeds, roll dough on damp towel and in seeds before putting in pans.