Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! For Thanksgiving dinner this year, hubby and I have decided to make our own thin crust pizza. It was a task that has been sitting for ages in our to-do list. I am glad we finally did it. Above all, we enjoy the pizza very much. We say no more to frozen pizza or Pizza Hut!!
It is so simple to make your own pizza. You are able to dictate what you want to go onto your pizza. We make a pizza with salami and another vegetarian pizza with long sweet red pepper.
I got this fabulous recipe from my dear sis. Thanks dear if you are reading this blog
2 teaspoons yeast
1/4 teaspoon sugar
3/4 cup warm-hot water
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
pizza sauce/tomato paste/pesto sauce
your choice of pizza toppings
- precooked bacon
- tomato, sliced
- green pepper
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- chopped garlic
- sliced black olives
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in hot water. Let sit for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix flour and salt.
- Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead for 2 minutes. Sprinkle some flour as you knead to avoid it sticking to your hand.
- Cover the dough with wet clothes n leave to rise for 30 mins.
- Divide into 4 portions and roll each into thin base for the pizza. Sprinkle some flour as you roll to avoid it sticking to rolling pin. (If you roll it out on a counter top, transfer to a greased/floured pizza pan, stretching to edges)
- Cover with sauce, cheese and desired topping. Add some dried oregano (other herbs) and black pepper.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until edges are golden.