It has been a while since I last baked any cookies. Today, I have decided to bake our all time favourite cookies, the ginger molasses crinkle cookies. I am following a recipe that I found in the Canadian Living website Ginger Molasses Crinkle Cookies.
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fancy molasses
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- In large bowl, whisk together 1 cup (250 mL) of the sugar, oil, molasses and egg until smooth.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt ; stir into sugar mixture.
- Shape by rounded tablespoonfuls (15 mL) into balls; roll in remaining sugar to coat. Place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on parchment paper–lined or greased rimless baking sheets.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of 375°F (190°C) oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until cookies spread out and tops crack, about 12 minutes. Let cool on pans on racks for 10 minutes; transfer to racks and let cool completely.
The cookies turn out perfect and we are loving it. Will definitely bake this again soon.