It has been quite a while since I last posted any new recipes as we were away for summer holidays. Not to worry, we are back to our home sweet home and lovely kitchen. We will slowly catch up in our cooking and baking.
For a start, we have decided to bake some banana muffins and found the Awesome Banana Muffin from catcancook.com. The photo looks great and the recipe seems easy to follow.
The muffins turned out great and we truly savour every bite of it. It reminds us of our banana cake back home. Hubby suggested that next time we shall bake it as a rectangular cake rather than as muffins. That’s a brilliant idea. I shall try it the next time round.
- 3 or 4 Large bananas, mashed (the more bananas the moister, so I used 4)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1/3 cup melted margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts/chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix the mashed banana, sugar, egg and margarine together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients all together.
- Pour into greased muffin tins, and bake in 350 degrees F oven for approximately 20 minutes.
The recipe yields about 12 large muffins. The muffins are soft and flavourful even after 3 days.